You may have noticed the section on your Moocall Breedmanager App called “Heat Exclusion Zones” and wondered what does this feature do?
A Heat Exclusion zone is simply an area you wish to exclude the bull/collar from detecting heats in, this is typically an area there is a risk of false detections due to the bull with a collar being in close proximity with cows.
Examples of areas that might be excluded are:
- Collecting yards where cows are standing waiting to be milked
- In holding pens where the vasectomised bull may be waiting with the cows while one is being AI’d or you are carrying out some routine dosing
- Outdoor meal or silage feeders, an area where cows can congregate for periods of time while feeding
How do I set up an Exclusion Zone?
- Open the menu on your Breedmanager APP, then go to the section “Heat Exclusion Zones”
- Take an unused Moocall RFID Tag, then scan the barcode. This tag will automatically be saved as an exclusion tag
- When a collar passes by or reads one of these exclusion tags, detection will be paused for 30 minutes
- Hang the tag or multiple tags in the area you wish to exclude, using a cable tie is an easy way to do it
- In a large area 2 tags might be needed
- Place tag at the entrance to collecting yard or somewhere the bull is sure to pass and read the tag (The collar can read the tag from a range of 2.5m)
- Allow 5-10cm between the tag and any metal materials such as gates
- The tag should hang vertically so the Moocall logo reads vertically (Loop a cable tie through and hang)
For further advice on any of the above, please contact a member of the Moocall team to speak to some of our breeding specialists on +353 1 96 96 038 or email email@example.com
Learn more about Moocall HEAT here: https://moocall.com/pages/moocall-heat-information