We are very happy to announce the launch of a brand new Moocall product – Moocall HEAT. It is a new heat detection system, available for dairy or beef operations. To celebrate our launch, we have a superb special offer, if you are willing to put down a 20% deposit on a Moocall HEAT system, we will include a FREE calving sensor. See below for more details.
Most heat detection methods involve looking at the cow to try and determine when the cow is in heat. Moocall HEAT is different, it uses nature to its advantage and monitors the bulls behaviour and his interaction with cows. Think of it like a chin ball for the 21st century. It doesn’t need to be monitored or adjusted, and sends the information straight to a farmers phone.
Watch this quick animation which explains exactly how it works.
- A rechargeable collar (8 weeks battery life) to be worn by either a stock bull or a vasectomised bull.
- RFID Moocall ear tags – one worn on each cow or heifer. These are passive, so they are designed to last the lifetime of the animal.
It measures bull and cow interaction over time, to build up a picture of the animals in the field. Then based on frequency of interaction over time, alongside bull activity and mounting behaviour it can accurately detect which cow is in her standing heat and alert the farmer via sms message and app update. Current testing is showing it to be incredibly accurate – over 98% accurate in our extensive testing to date.
What it tells you
- the exact time cows or heifers are in heat;
- whether a cow or a heifer repeats;
- due dates and when you can assume they are in-calf;
- bull health (mobility, virility & fertility);
- cow fertility over time.
How much it costs
- Moocall HEAT is priced at €1220 + VAT for a collar (50 eartags included)
- Additional packs of 25 eartags are priced at €90 + VAT
- After 12 months of usage, there is an annual charge of €285 + VAT (discounted by up to 20% if you own multiple sensors, or are also a calving sensor customer)
Your Moocall HEAT sensor will automatically update the Moocall BREEDMANAGER mobile application. This means that heats, repeats, due dates and more will all be auto updated within your herd management app. You won’t fully appreciate the value of this until you use it, but trust us, it’s incredible.
For example, if you had the collar on a stock bull, it will let you know when each cow was in heat, when the bull inseminated her, watch her to make sure she doesn’t repeat (and let you know if she does) and then mark her in calf once she doesn’t repeat, and let you know the due date. Oh, we’ll also remind you before she is due to calve so you can get your Calving Sensor on there!
On a vasectomised or teaser bull, all of the same information would be added, the only difference is you need to tell us when you inseminated her, and to which bull. Don’t worry, we make it really easy to do this.
To find out more about Moocall BREEDMANAGER, click here. By the way, Moocall BREEDMANAGER is free for anyone to use manually, regardless of owning our sensors or not, so be sure and spread the word.
How to order Moocall HEAT
Put down a 20% deposit today, and we will include a free Moocall calving sensor; this will apply only to the first 500 Moocall HEAT systems ordered. We plan to deliver the collar in mid Jan / early Feb. Your new Moocall CALVING SENSOR (which now includes a new non-slip rubber) will be delivered by the end of September. Owning the calving sensor also gets you 20% discount on future annual charges, so it’s a win-win!